Wednesday, May 26, 2021

My Top 5: Eyeshadow Palettes




   I have always adored wearing eyeshadow, from the subtle nude shades I pick for the daytime when I'm at work, to the smoky, dark or sometimes bright shades I dare to brave for a special occasion, I love them all! As with the rest of my makeup collection, there are certain brands and palettes I come back to time and time again, and will forerver be in my holy grail of eye makeup. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy this behind the scenes peek at my eye makeup top 5!




1) HUDA BEAUTY NEW NUDES EYESHADOW PALETTE


£56, Feelunique.com

  • I LOVE this palette. It has been my go to for both day and night time ever since I opened it on Christmas day last year. The shade range is so diverse that there truly is something for everyone, from matte shades in both nude and purply shades, to the ultimate gorgeous glitters, its here. 
  • Application is a breeze with the creamy formula of these beauties, all you need is a small brush or a clean fingertip and the eyeshadow just glides across your eyelids for perfect application. I find it doesn't budge at all across my eyelids, even in hot weather when it feels like my makeup is sliding across my face, these bad boys don't budge from my eyelids. 


2) HOURGLASS SCATTERED LIGHT GLITTER EYESHADOW IN FOIL 

£25.20, Feelunique.com 

  • This is the perfect eyeshadow for evenings out with the girls or a family dinner to your favourite restaurant. It's glitter pigments instantly gives eyes a sparkle and makes them truly pop from any angle and under any light. 
  • Its creamy consistency means they are easily buildable, whether you want a hint of shimmer over a matte shade- one of my personal favourite ways to wear this, or you want to make your eyes the main focus of your makeup look, this is perfect whatever end of the spectrum you are at. 


3) CHARLOTTE TILBURY COLOUR CHAMELEON IN CHAMPAGNE DIAMONDS



£19, Cultbeauty.co.uk


  • Eyeshadow crayons are a fab way of wearing eyeshadow, just swipe across the lash line and blend upwards and outwards across the socket and you're good to go. They are also incredibly versatile, blend out with your finger to create a subtly smoky eye, or use a eyeshadow brush to blend precisely across your eyelid, it's up to you entirely. You could even use them as a softer substitute for eyeliner and smudge it out a little. 
  • The only thing I would say is you need to work fast, the eyeshadow will set after only 30 seconds and then stay in place all day, so there is no room for error with these! Though if you need to make any slight touch ups, use a cotton pad dipped in micellar water and gently dab where needed. 


4) CHARLOTTE TILBURY BIGGER, BRIGHTER EYES- EXAGEREYES 
£40, Cultbeauty.co.uk 


  • Another one of my favourites from Charlotte Tilbury, this gorgeous little palette is perfect to pop into your handbag or clutch for any touch ups needed throughout the day. The shimmery champagne shade is great over bare eyes to give a subtle wash of colour and perk up the eyes a little without being over the top. 
  • What I also love is that the shades also work perfectly together to create a gorgeous pink smoky eye for night time. Just dab the matte shade across the eyelid, mix a little of the two over the top and blend out slightly using an angled brush and then put a delicate amount of the top left shade into the corner of your eyes to make them pop. 


5) SLEEK MAKEUP i-DIVINE EYESHADOW PALETTE TRIPPIN' 

£8.99, Feelunique.com 


  • This eyeshadow palette is a complete bargain at only £8.99, but the quality of the eyeshadows could've had me fooled it was a lot more expensive. They have great pigmentation and the colours are super fun and make me want to try something completely different for my next night out. 
  • The light blue shade has to be my favourite for sunny Summer days, just a light wash of this shade across the eyelids is perfect to brighten up any outfit and put a spring in my step. 








What are your favourite eyeshadows?




 











   


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig